AYW Online History of Yoga Philosophy
This course will follow the development of Yogic thought through the ages with a special emphasis on how it informs Yoga as practice in a modern context. This course will help you contemplate and evaluate your relationship to your practice, and the context and theories from which practice arises. We will be attempting to discover our own perspective as well as various cultural and historical views implicit in Yoga theory. Critical thinking and self reflection are encouraged in this course.
This course include:
- 4 videos approx 2 hrs in length to view in your own time.
- 4 live online sessions to discuss the videos
- Quizzes to take at the completion of each video to help you assess your comprehension.
- Questions for reflection that you can journal in preparation for the live online discussions.
- This course can be applied for CEU with Yoga Alliance.
Aprox. time commitment is 15 hours.
Dates and topics for the live online sessions:
- Sept 15, 2020, 6-7:30pm ET – Session 1: Pre-classical Yoga
- Sept 29, 2020, 6-7:30pm ET – Session 2 : Classical Yoga
- Oct 13, 2020, 6-7:30pm ET – Session 3: Hindu Āgamas
- Oct 20, 2020, 6-7:30pm ET – Session 4: Modern Yoga
* Please note that all sessions are scheduled in the timezone of the eastern U.S.A.
* All sessions must be attended to receive a certificate of completion