The practice of Yoga has the potential of adding great value to organizations. At Ashtanga Yoga Worldwide we offer Yoga classes to busy professionals. Our intention is to help individuals enjoy the benefits of a Yoga practice without having to leave their workplace, so that they can be healthier and more present while fulfilling their job duties. The benefits of Yoga have been proven to enhance any work environment. While flowing through a Yoga class, the synchronization of breath with movement promotes the health of respiratory, digestive, and cardiovascular organs. Vital and de-stressed employees are motivated, productive, and more likely to create a collaborative and cohesive work environment.
We are confident that we would offer something unique, authentic, and of value to your work team. We are experienced working with a vast range of people from all walks of life and ages. We believe Yoga can be practiced by anyone regardless of fitness level or movement background. Our teaching style focuses on bringing awareness to the breath to help the mind stay present through the movement. We believe in creating a Yoga practice that is purifying, dynamic, and meditative in a safe and nurturing environment.
If you are interested in providing Yoga classes at your organization, please feel free to contact us by phone or email.
Benefits of Yoga for the Organization:
- More productivity. According to a University of Toronto study, regular breaks increase employee productivity
- The study revealed that breaks can prevent employees from feeling burned-out: 59 percent of those surveyed said more breaks would improve their work happiness, and 43 percent said it would boost their personal happiness. Additionally, 37 percent said regular breaks during the day would improve their health.
- Healthier work environment
- Higher job satisfaction amongst employees
- More loyalty to the organization
- More attractive when recruiting employees
- Reduced staff turnover
- Reduced employee absenteeism
Benefits of Yoga for Employees
- Relieves head, neck, and back strain, carpal tunnel syndrome and work-related injuries from repetitive motions, sedentary job environments, or lifting and moving objects
- Improves productivity and ability to react more calmly in demanding situations
- Improves concentration, decision-making skills, and ability to multi-task
- Improves memory, focus, and concentration
- Increases energy and reduces stress, anxiety & depression
- Creates better customer service
You will need
- A space large enough, like a spare office, boardroom, lunchroom, or rec. room
- Each person will need a yoga mat and comfortable clothes that allow movement. I could help you make a bulk purchase of yoga mat for your team. This way it will be guaranteed that everyone will have a mat.
About the Yoga Class
The class will be designed to meet the needs and skill level of the group in a calm, encouraging, and safe environment. The main focus will be to learn to use our breath as a guide for our movement. We will begin with a centering exercise arriving in our seat, followed by breathing exercises linking our movement, sun salutations, select standing poses and seated postures, easy and mild backbends, and available inversions. We will close with a seated meditation and time to rest. Modifications will be offered so everyone will be included and stay present.
“Juan Carlos always attends to every student in his class. He is encouraging, compassionate, and is eager to celebrate improvements in his student’s yoga practice. My own practice has improved significantly under Juan Carlos’ guidance—I am stronger, more confident, and more willing to try new things. I’d recommend Juan Carlos to anyone hoping to begin or improve their yoga practice.”
–Emilie Gladstone, Health Policy Analyst
“My physical health and concentration have noticeably improved since I began attending JC’s yoga classes about a year ago. His patience, attentiveness, and obvious passion for yoga make his classes enjoyable and make me want to keep returning. I definitely recommend JC to both beginner and experienced yogis.”
–William Thompson, Ph.D Student
“I have been attending evening yoga practice with Juan Carlos since I moved to Vancouver in July 2014. I really enjoy the physical challenge of yoga, but what I like most about it is how it lets me unwind and de-stress from a busy day of work. The concentration that I need to practice means I stop thinking about work and get to focus on myself. I always leave with a great sense of well-being and achievement. Juan Carlos is an excellent teacher too, he is very respectful and encouraging and creates a great environment to practice in.”
–Kathryn Dawson, Anaesthesiologist
Contact me to arrange a free consultation at your work space.
- Gift certificates are available
Read more about Corporate Yoga: